Brownie and Peanut Butter Truffle
Ok, first a warning. If you make these, (if you are like me) you might eat the whole tray. So be warned. These are delicious, and they are easy (although it takes a few steps). Photo by Shani D.:
I used Duncan Hines Brownie Mix (it was on sale – you can sometimes get it for .99).
- 2 -9 inch circle tins
- 1/2 stick of margarine
- 1 package Duncan Hines brownie mix
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1 stick margarine
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup rich’s whip (or liquid of your choice, milk, almond milk, coconut milk, etc)
- Add 1/2 stick of margarine to the duncan hines dry mix – and stir until mixed. This step is completely optional, I find that if you add 1/2 a stick of margarine it makes the brownies a little more crunchy and doesn’t taste like Duncan Hines.
- Follow the rest of the Duncan Hines recipe – (though you will need less cooking time – start checking at 15 minutes – I like the top to be crunchy).
- Split the batter into the 2 – 9 inch tins (this is so that you don’t have too much brownie).
- While the brownies are cooking mix the peanut butter with the stick of margarine and the powdered sugar. Set aside.
- After the brownies have finished cooking and are cool to the touch – then spread half of the peanut butter mixture on each brownie tin.
- While you are waiting for the brownies to cool down, heat your rich’s whip (or other liquid) to boiling.
- Turn off the heat and add the chocolate chips and stir. If all the chocolate chips melt, then wait for this mixture to cool. If your chocolate chips don’t all melt, then turn the heat on as low as it goes and stir constantly until all the chocolate chips melt. Then take off the heat and wait for it to cool (probably about 5 minutes).
- Put half the chocolate mixture on top of each peanut butter mixture and move the pan around until coated. If this doesn’t work, very lightly with a spatula you can move the chocolate, but the nicest looking method will be just moving the tin side to side until the peanut butter mixure is completely coated. Then refrigerate until the chocolate is set. Then eat.