French Special December 17th, 2010
Hello – last week’s bar miztvah went very well. We (B”H) got rave reviews. This week we are teaching a class on Thursday night regarding the lighter side of French cooking – so that will be our special. There are a limited number of seats left in the class – if you are interested, let me know and I’ll give you the details.
As usual, we will continue having our sushi for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. You can have raw fish, cooked fish, veggies, tofu, egg or any combination. $6 per roll.
French Special – $15 a person
- Mushroom, Onion and Wine sauce Crepes Purses
- Butternut Squash Bisque
- Coq Au Vin (Chicken in a wine sauce)**
- or Boeuf Bourgnignon (this is a meat stew with wine – $10 upgrade)
- or Cassoulet – good winter meat stew ($10 upgrade)
Sides (you can pick 2):
- Duchess Potatoes
- Ratatouille (from Nice)
- Stuffed Onions or Tomatoes
- Warm Roasted Beet Salad
Fish Upgrade for $7:
- Braised Tilapia Provencal – with fennel, tomatoes and sage
- L’orange Flan ($5)
- or 4 cookies (some fancy French cookies) ($5)
As for next week – we already know what the special will be. Next week (the 24th) will be dipping sauces. Each protein (fish, chicken, meat or tofu) will have 3 sauces with which you can dip. We will send out the menu next week.