Southern Special, January 27, 2012
Hello – thank you to everyone who participated in the Menucha, Inc fundraiser — we sold 17 trays of lemon bars!
We are *NOT* doing Super Bowl food this year. We have events and can’t also do the Super Bowl food. Sorry for anyone who wanted to order. If you want to order Super Bowl food the week of the 29th – we can do that for you.
Please find our special for Shabbos below, as per special request we are doing Southern food. Please order the Shabbos special as soon as you know, preferably by noon on Wednesday.
We’ll try to accommodate orders after that, but no guarantee.
Thank you to Jeff Cohn for publishing our articles. This week we have a recipe for hamantaschen and some tips on how to make your own Purim Baskets.
Don’t forget: you can order sushi from Tuesday to Shabbos – $6 a roll.
$15 per person Southern Special:
- Deviled Eggs
- Celery Veloute (an award winning soup – it might not be Southern, unless you count Southern France, but is delicious)
- Sushi (for $6 a roll, tuna is $8) (not Southern)
- Southern Fried Chicken
- or Southern Meatloaf (for an additional $4)
Sides (you can pick 2):
- Mashed Potatoes
- Fried Green Tomatoes (my Southern friends say that no one really eats this, but someone had to eat it, it’s a movie, after all).
- Grits with Broccoli (what, you say with broccoli? Yes, I say with broccoli – it’s good, but if you don’t want the broccoli I can leave it out)
- Sweet Potato Pie ($3 per portion)
- Sweet Sun (if there is any sun) Tea (Southerners apparently love this) ($1 per portion)
For orders over $75 and in the eruv, there is free delivery. For orders under $75 there is a $5 delivery charge or you can pick up.
If anyone would like to send me ideas on specials – we would very much like to hear from you, send us an email or post a message on the website.
Please keep us in mind if you are having a dinner party, sheva brachos, vorts, etc during the week – we would very much appreciate the opportunity to put together some delicious food for your special occasions.
Feel free to forward this to a friend; if you have any friends who want to sign up for our email, let me know and we’ll sign them up.