We have a Sushi/Japanese Cooking Class next Monday, March 7, 2011! Please email me if you would like additional information.
We’re going to have bamboo mats for everyone to use to roll their own sushi, we’re going to make our own sushi rice, pickle our own ginger, make our own tofu, make flower “designer” sushi as well as the “normal” sushi. Dragon rolls, inside out rolls, squares, we’ll have a lot of fun things (and we’ll have lots of tips). Not to mention – the non-sushi food we’re going to have – including fun Onigiri (which are rice balls), miso soup, gyozo, teriyaki chicken, daikon and cucumber salad among other things…. If you can’t make the class and are interested in your own sushi class – let me know and we could do a class in your own home.
Purim Baskets: we will be making Purim baskets – we’ll have small, medium and large versions with gourmet cookies, truffles, and other fun delicacies and treats (and we can make custom baskets, as well) we’ll have pictures (hopefully) next week.
- Onigiri (baked rice balls, a very popular snack in Japan either with fish or without fish)
Fish (an additional $6 per roll):
- Sushi! (mock crab, salmon, tuna, avocado, tofu, egg, etc – tell us what you would like)
- Miso Soup with tofu cubes, mushrooms and nori (seaweed)
- Teriyaki Chicken
Sides (you can pick 2):
- Daikon and Cucumber Salad
- Garlic Broccoli
- Wok Sauteed Veggies (carrots, zucchini, onions, etc)