This week we will have Hot Wing Wednesday – we have gotten very good responses from the people who have eaten our hot wings. If you would like to try them, order them and enjoy! Order by Tuesday night and get them on Wednesday around 6pm.
Get fresh hot wings (Upon request will include celery and tofutti sour cream) –
- A dozen for $7
- 2 Dozen for $12
Japanese Special for $15
- Miso Soup
- Gyoza Dumpling (2) – Japanese Dumpling (the gyoza dumpling originated in China, but since the 17th century, it has been a favorite appetizer in Japan, and they have taken it as their own – with cabbage and other vegetables).
- Teriyaki Chicken
You can pick 2 side dishes:
- Cucumber and Daikon Salad (Daikon is a kind of radish, light)
- Broiled Eggplant
- Soba Noodle Dish – cold noodles
- Sushi – specialty sushi rolls – inside out sushi, can have raw or cooked fish or veggies – $6 per roll
- Japanese Salted Grilled Fish (with ginger, lemon, a bit of soy sauce – it’s delicious and light) – this is a whole fish and serves 4
- Sake – if you want Sake – let me know
- Kobe Beef Sukiyaki Special (Ha! just kidding, we can’t get kobe beef, we will use black angus beef). This is a soup with very thin slices of the beef with vegetables. A classic Japanese dish. This will be $25 for the special (instead of the chicken)
- Lemon Meringue Pie – $25 for a 10 inch pie, $20 for a 9 inch pie
- Sushi actually refers to the method the rice is made (and not raw fish) – it means “vinegar cured rice.”
- Watermelons can cost up to $100 in Japan
- Japan is comprised of about 6,000 islands
- A “normal” Japanese kitchen will not have an oven
Keep us in mind for Thanksgiving – we’ll be putting our menu together shortly (it will include stuffed acorn squash, butternut squash soup, Grammy Margaret’s homemade cranberry sauce, Aunt Mary Jane’s Pineapple souffle, pumpkin pie, Aunt Bellanne’s pecan pie and turkey!)
For orders over $75 and in the eruv, there is free delivery. For orders under $75 there is a $5 delivery charge or you can pick up.