We will be doing our (yearly?) fundraiser for Menucha again next week (January 2, 3rd or 4th you can pick up the $15 lemon bars). For the first 20 orders the entire $15 will go directly to Menucha. For every order over that $14 will go to Menucha. Please order, Menucha, Inc is great (www.menucha.org).
This week we are making our immensely popular cajun special ($15 per person – please order by Wednesday at noon). I am typically light on adding the spicy heat – so if you want it spicy hot you have to special request it.
- Jalapeno Poppers – jalapeno with sweet peanut butter -baked. (Not as spicy as it sounds, and it is really very wonderful – you are supposed to eat the whole pepper at once, so that the the peanut butter cools down the pepper while you eat it).
- Fish Gumbo (includes okra) (for an additional $3 a serving)
- Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya (has rice with it)
- or Cajun Chicken
Side Dishes (you can pick 2):
- Red Beans and Rice
- Smothered Corn (Maque Choux)
- Bourbon sweet potatoes
Dessert: For an additional $4 a serving you can have:
- Pecan Pie (with chocolate)
If anyone would like to send me ideas on specials – we would very much like to hear from you, send us an email or post a message on the website. Please keep us in mind if you are having a dinner party, sheva brachos, vorts, etc during the week – we would very much appreciate the opportunity to put together some delicious food for your special occasions. Feel free to forward this to a friend; if you have any friends who want to sign up for our email, let me know and we’ll sign them up.